Care Instructions for Earrings
Below you will find all the types of materials we work with and how to care for them.
- Be aware that the use of perfumes and moisturizers will affect the longevity of glues and metals.
- Some of our Cheeky earrings are fragile and will break if dropped or bent.
- Do not wet polymer clay earrings. Avoid using chemicals, solvents, perfume, jewelry cleaners, or any aerosol products near the earrings.
- In the case that it becomes dirty, wipe with a soft, damp cloth. You may also use a cotton ear swab dipped in acetone to wipe lightly on the surface of the earring--this does NOT apply to earrings that are hand painted, have gold leaf, or are coated with varnish.
- If your piece is varnished, hand painted, has gold leaf, is glittered--use a baby wipe to gently clean the surface of the earring.
- When not in use, store polymer clay jewelry in a box or a separate compartment. Keep away from sharp objects to avoid scratching the surface. This will help with the preservation of each handmade piece.
- Please DO NOT wet brass as this will cause the piece to tarnish. Keep away from the sunlight or extreme heat. In the case the piece does tarnish, clean with a baby wipe or brasso metal polish.
- Please avoid direct exposure to sunlight. Prolonged exposure will cause discoloration and soften the pieces. Do not submerge in water and keep away from harsh chemicals such as cleaning products, aerosol products, fragrances etc. Keep away from sharp objects.
- To clean resin jewelry use a soft, damp towel. You may use mild dish soap to wipe lightly with a towel. Store resin jewelry in a box or separate compartment.
- Keep away from harsh chemicals, sharp objects, and store in a box or separate compartment.
- To clean, use a wet cloth or microfiber towel to wipe surface. Let dry. Do not use a dry cloth as this can scratch the jewelry.
If any problems do arise I am more than happy to repair or replace the item.